Historically, Google advertisers haven’t liked funnels—for a lot of reasons. But is that about to drastically change?
On today’s bite-sized episode, host Kasim Aslam is talking about his favorite topic (cue the sarcasm): funnels. Funnels haven’t functioned well traditionally in the Google ecosystem, so he hasn’t had much use for them. Until Google Performance Max. Now, not only is Kasim rethinking his opinion of funnels, he’s re-evaluating the very definition. “Marketers didn’t invent the funnel,” he says. “A funnel is a natural sequence through which a purchasing decision is made. It exists for your product or service in your industry completely independent of you.” The funnel is with your customer. The more you work to understand your customer, your avatar, the more you understand the funnel. Funnels aren’t dead, he says. They’re more important than ever.
Listen in to find out more.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How the full funnel marketing approach is built into the fabric of Google’s advertising
- What Google does with the goal, audiences, and assets you give them
- Why it’s counterproductive to dictate location to Google
- How Google Performance Max builds awareness
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Perpetual Traffic Survey
- Follow Perpetual Traffic on Twitter
- Connect with Ralph and Kasim on Twitter
- Get a Free Month of Blogs from BKA Content
- Get a Free book on how to optimize your website Conversion Fanatics
- Learn how bots can automate your lead flow from BotBuilders
- 7 Levels of Scale workbook
- Get Roland’s book, Zero Down, FREE
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Register for our free Founders Board workshop
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!