What in the heck is the metaverse really, and why, how, and when will it matter to advertisers?
On today’s episode, host Kasim Aslam sits down again with Meta Solutions Architect, Owen Felsinger to talk about the metaverse. There’s a lot of chatter out there about what the metaverse actually is, and the concept and definition will continue to evolve. As Owen describes it, the metaverse is an open world where you can build whatever you want and communicate with people everywhere. And it will grow to incorporate input from companies around the globe who are all going to build separate, competing parts of the infrastructure. What excites Kasim is that, from an advertiser’s perspective, it’s going to be a complete change of context. And the little guy—the smaller businesses—will have a world of new opportunities open up for them.
Listen in to hear what some of those opportunities might be—and when we can expect them to materialize.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The pros and cons of being “first to market” in the metaverse
- What effect the iOS 14 update had on the release of the metaverse
- What impact AR and VR will have on the future of advertising (and life in general)
- How the metaverse will allow small advertisers to become pioneers
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- AdWorld (virtual conference) May 2-3, 2022
- Perpetual Traffic Survey
- Perpetual Traffic podcast
- Follow Perpetual Traffic on Twitter
- Connect with Ralph and Kasim on Twitter
- Get a Free Month of Blogs from BKA Content
- Get a Free book on how to optimize your website Conversion Fanatics
- Learn how bots can automate your lead flow from BotBuilders
- 7 Levels of Scale workbook
- Get Roland’s book, Zero Down, FREE
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Register for our free Founders Board workshop
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!