In this era of working remotely, companies have an entire globe as their talent pool. How (and when) do you hire the very best people to work for your business? On this episode, Ralph Burns and Kasim Aslam discuss their different philosophies on which comes first: putting processes in place or hiring people. Then they dive into how and where to find these top tier folks and how to make sure they’re the best fit for your company.
Despite their differences, Ralph and Kasim have both created great company cultures in their respective virtual organizations. Listen in as they share their secrets (Kasim calls them Value Bombs) to hiring success.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The key difference between talent and skills and why it matters
- What 5 core characteristics Tier 11 looks for in new hires
- How different strengths/talents assessments compare to each other
- How to screen and analyze your applicants in the hiring process
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- First Break All the Rules by Marcus Buckingham
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 (now CliftonStrengths)
- Kolbe A Index
- Profiles International
- Tier 11 is hiring now
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
iTunes not your thing? Find us on Stitcher.