It’s human nature to freak out every time another change happens in the internet advertising world, but this time you really don’t need to. Trust us.
In today’s episode, host Kasim Aslam sits down with John Moran, Chief Strategist at Solutions 8 and “smartest Google Ads guy in the whole wide world.” John is actually excited about this new Google change which means everything is going to be okay. FLoC (Federated Learning of Cohorts) was Google’s web tracking answer to the iOS privacy updates, but now they’ve killed FLoC and introduced Topics. Why? How? What’s the difference? What does this mean for advertisers? And when are things going to stop changing for a hot second?
Listen in as Kasim and John answer all the questions you have, and a few you never even thought to ask.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The key differences between FLoC and Topics (and why you need to know)
- What this change means for companies with long sales cycles
- Why 3 topics and why 3 weeks?
- How to start experimenting in the Topics section of Google ads
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Solutions 8
- Google announces Topics
- Perpetual Traffic Survey
- Perpetual Traffic podcast
- Follow Perpetual Traffic on Twitter
- Connect with Ralph and Kasim on Twitter
- Get a Free Month of Blogs from BKA Content
- Get a Free book on how to optimize your website Conversion Fanatics
- Learn how bots can automate your lead flow from BotBuilders
- 7 Levels of Scale workbook
- Get Roland’s book, Zero Down, FREE
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Register for our free Founders Board workshop
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!