Imagine if someone just handed you a list of every single tool you need to effectively measure the performance of your marketing.
On today’s episode, co-hosts Ralph Burns and Kasim Aslam sit down once again with Chris Mercer, founder of MeasurementMarketing.io. This time he’s got a whole tech stack he’s going to share with us from start to finish, the whole kit and caboodle. Seriously, he’s giving away the farm here. It’s easy to over-complicate things, Mercer says. The skill is to make things simple. How do we keep it simple? Every measurement system has to do 3 things: 1.) Collect information to get answers to questions. 2.) Store that information to access later. And 3.) Build reports on that data. If you don’t know how to measure, all the tools in the world won’t help you. “Measurement is how we listen,” he says. “Marketing is how we respond.”
Listen in as he walks us through the powerful skill of measurement—simple step by simple step.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to figure out the true traffic sources of your ROAS (when everybody’s claiming it)
- 3 free (and powerful) Google tools (and how/when to use them)
- Why customer journeys aren’t one-size-fits-all (and how to choose the right one)
- How learning measurement can keep you out of jail (literally)
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- FREE Measurement Toolbox from MeasurementMarketing.io
- Free Measurement Training on YouTube
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Data Studio
- Ep. 376 (all about CAPI Gateway)
- Antifragile (book by Nassim Nicholas Taleb)
- Perpetual Traffic Survey
- Follow Perpetual Traffic on Twitter
- Connect with Ralph and Kasim on Twitter
- Get a Free Month of Blogs from BKA Content
- Get a Free book on how to optimize your website Conversion Fanatics
- Learn how bots can automate your lead flow from BotBuilders
- 7 Levels of Scale workbook
- Get Roland’s book, Zero Down, FREE
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Register for our free Founders Board workshop
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!